From the Empathy maps we move onto identifying user needs. We break it up into physical needs and emotional needs. But this time I started out with a single list of all needs, then I later broke it up into physical vs emotional.
While my method was a little different, I think that doing a list of general needs, then splitting it and adding more helped a lot. When I was doing a general list, I found that I would focus more on physical needs, and even when I did find emotional needs, I found myself looking for the physical reasons for those emotions. This helped me come up with more content and find links between the physical and emotional. The step of splitting the 2 was also important for me though, as I tended to neglect emotional needs otherwise.